There are two ways you can top up your balance:
- One-time top-up - Top up your balance once for any amount using any available payment method
- Automatic top-ups - Payments are automatically made from a linked bank card every month on a user-defined day
Automatic top-ups can be enabled from the control panel after the user links a bank card.
You can link a card to your Selectel account to avoid manually entering your card information every time you make a payment.
To link a card to your account:
- Open the Balance and payments menu from the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Open the Top up balance tab
- Click Link a card in the Online payments section of the tab
Selectel does not save your bank card information. This data is transferred and saved in the PayU international processing center's payment system. The system is highly secure and holds the highest rated PCI DSS certification available.
Please note that when linking a card, a verification transfer of 1 ruble will be made. Once your card has been verified, this sum will be returned to your account.
A request to link your card will be submitted. You will find your card information under the Your cards section with the Processing status.
Processing takes an average of 5-10 minutes.
After your request has been processed, a verification letter will be sent to the email address you used to register your account.
Configuring Automatic Top-Ups
To set up automatic top-ups, choose a linked card from the Your cards block and choose Configure automatic top-ups.
Fill in the following fields:
- Value - The amount of money to be automatically transferred (no more than 15 000 rubles per transfer)
- Date - The calendar day (1 to 28) when the monthly payment will occur (from your bank card)
In the Your cards block, an Automatic top-ups block will appear with information about the value to be paid and date of the transfer.
You will receive notification via email that the automatic payment has been created.
How Automatic Top-Ups Work
Payment from a linked bank card can be made for any amount between 100 and 15 000 rubles.
You will receive notification via email after each successful payment.
If you do not have enough funds on your card to make a payment, then no charge will be made and you will receive notification via email.
Please note the following:
- If payment fails for any reason, another attempt will not be made.
- After ensuring you have enough funds on your bank card, you must manually top up your balance from the control panel (instructions).
- Provided enough funds are on the bank card, automatic top-ups will resume as normal the following month.
The amount charged for automatic top-ups is fixed and does not automatically change to meet monthly usage. In other words, if your monthly expenses rise or drop for any reason (expense optimization, modified resources, etc.), your bank card will be charged the same amount on the same date. To modify this amount, you will have to change your automatic top-up settings.
Modifying Automatic Top-Ups
To change a payment (amount or date), open the Automatic top-ups menu and click Change payment.
Instant Payments with Linked Cards
To pay with a linked card, click Pay.
In the new window, fill in the following information:
- Payment method - the bank card linked to your account will be chosen automatically
- Balance - which balance funds should be sent to: Main, VPC, or Storage
- Payment amount
Click Continue to complete the payment.
Disabling Automatic Top-Ups
Managing Automatic Top-Ups
To disable an automatic top-up, click Disable.
To delete an automatic top-up, click Delete.
Unlinking Bank Cards
To unlink a card from your accound, open the card menu in the Your cards block and click Delete.