Creating and Configuring Containers
To manage Cloud Storage, open the relevant section in the control panel.
To create a new container:
- Click New container.
- Choose a container type.
- Enter a name for your container.
- Click Save.
Cloud Storage offers three container types:
- public containers for distributing website and application content, no authorization is required;
- private containers for saving backups and sensitive data, requires a login and password;
- gallery for displaying and viewing images in storage as an image gallery.
The new container will appear in the list of existing containers under the Containers tab.
By clicking Upload archive, you can upload archived files from the local machine to the selected container.
Users with proper permissions may also download the container as an archive or delete it.
To delete a container, highlight it from the list and click Delete.
To access container settings, open the container menu and choose Container settings. The following parameters can be modified:
- Container privacy settings — defines the container type;
- Container limits — establishes limits on the number of files, maximum container size, and expiration periods for files in storage;
- Versioning — shows the version of the given container;
- Upload link — adds links for uploading files;
- Special pages — lets you assign an index file, 404 error and response page;
- HTTP headers — shows values for several HTTP headers;
- Domain management — attaches domains to public containers.
A container’s contents are listed under the Files tab. By default, there are no size limits for files uploaded to storage.
To add a file, click Select file for upload or drag your file to the designated area.
Files can be renamed, copied, moved and deleted.
To delete a file, click Delete file from the menu. In the new window, confirm the action by clicking Delete.
Creating and Configuring Folders in Containers
Subfolders can be created inside containers. Files in subfolders inherit the container’s settings.
To create a folder, click the Create folder icon, enter a name, and click Create.
Folders can be renamed, copied, moved, deleted, and downloaded as an archive.
Under the Folder settings tab, the following kinds of upload links can be configured:
- simple file upload;
- upload with user-entered names;
- add upload time to filename;
- add unique ID to filename;
- upload to folder by date;
- upload to folder by time;
- upload to unique folder.
Checking Time limits will open a date and time field. Files uploaded from your link will be deleted on this date/time.
Text may also be entered, which will be displayed on the upload page.
Click Save to save any changes made to the folder settings.