Federal Law 152-FZ Cloud
Cloud powered by VMware service provides the latest technologies in compliance with the requirements of Federal Law 152‑FZ “On Personal Data”.
Areas of Responsibility
Selectel and the client share responsibility for security and compliance in the following ways: the client takes responsibility for creating and managing the virtual data center, including the objects inside it:
- vApp Network;
- Org VDC Network;
- Edge rule configuration (NAT, Firewall, VPN, DHCP).
The client also takes responsibility for running operating systems services within virtual machines, including VMware Tools, databases, and applications, and ensuring their information security.
Selectel, for its part, provides security:
- at the physical level: security and fire alarms, access control and management systems, video surveillance, backup engineering systems;
- at the infrastructure level: VMware vSphere® platform, VMware vSAN® storage platform, VMware NSX® network services, VMware vCloud Director® control panel;
- administrator workplaces.
Detailed information on the delimitation of areas of responsibility is provided in Annex 1 and Annex 2 to the Act of assessment of the effectiveness of measures taken to ensure personal data security in the information system “Cloud powered by VMware”.
Billing and Payment
The cost of Cloud powered by VMware resources is determined in accordance with the areas of 152-FZ that apply to Selectel.
Funds are deducted from the Cloud powered by VMware Balance after the virtual data center is created successfully.
Read more about how to top up the balance in the Adding Funds article.
Personal Data Processing Assignment
To assign the processing of personal data, please create a ticket in the Control panel and provide the following information:
- Location used as part of the “Public cloud powered by VMware” service:
- Level of personal data protection:
- level 3;
- level 4;
- Personal data categories:
- special categories;
- biometric categories;
- other categories;
- public categories;
- Categories of personal data subjects:
- employees of the personal data operator;
- non-employees of the personal data operator;
- Number of people whose personal data are being processed:
- less than 100 000;
- more than 100 000.
Once we have this information, we will prepare the assignment for personal data processing, which can be signed through the electronic document flow system.