Different Selectel services use different models for withdrawing funds (pay-as-you-go/daily/monthly).
There are several types of balances for flexible control over spending funds on various services.
For some services, the growth in consumption may be unpredictable, which may affect the performance of other services. For example, with a sharp increase in money consumption, the Cloud Storage service will not be able to “use money” from the balance of the Cloud powered by VMware service, which is why the latter will not suddenly be disabled for the client.
Balances are divided by type of funds and by type of services.
Balances by type of funds:
- Rubles — main personal account. It increases by the amount of payments transferred and decreases by the amount of services provided or by the amount of funds transferred to cloud balances;
- Bonuses — main bonus balance. It increases with compensation and decreases by the amount of services provided or by the amount of funds transferred to bonus balances of the cloud services;
- VK votes — votes of the VK app. It increases by the amount of payments made through the VK app and decreases by the amount of services provided or by the amount of funds transferred to cloud balances.
Balances by type of services:
- The Main Balance is the balance of the Dedicated servers, Colocation, Backup, Anti DDoS, and other additional services);
- The Cloud Platform Balance is the balance of the Selectel Cloud Platform;
- The Storage and CDN Balance is the balance of the Cloud Storage and CDN;
- The Cloud powered by VMware Balance is the balance of the Cloud powered by VMware.
When paying for services from the Main Balance, if there are enough funds on several balances, you will be able to choose from which balance to pay for the service.
When paying for cloud services, bonuses will be debited first, then VK votes, then rubles (if there are enough funds on several balances).
For example, for the Cloud Platform service, there may be three balances with money on each:
- Main Balance of the Cloud Platform;
- Bonuses VK Balance of the Cloud Platform;
- Bonuses Balance of the Cloud Platform.
If there are enough funds on all three balances of the service, then bonuses will be debited first, then bonuses VK, and then the main balance of the service.
Different payment methods are available for different client types, learn more.
You can save your bank cards to easily top up your balance in the future.
You can transfer funds from one balance to another, learn more.
Also you need to monitor the balances, for example, you can set up the notifications.