All backups that were created automatically according to the backup plan’s settings can be found in the Backups section on the Backups tab in the Control panel.
Possible backup statuses:
- PROTECTING — the backup is being created;
- AVAILABLE — the backup was created successfully, and you can restore the volume from it;
- ERROR — you cannot restore the volume from such a backup. You need to wait for the next backup to be successfully created.
Restoring from Backup
When restoring, a new volume of the same type and size as the original one is created. After creation, you can increase volume size.
Please note that you cannot restore from a backup to the original volume or to a new virtual machine.
To restore a volume from backup, from the Control panel:
- Go to the Cloud platform ⟶ Volumes section (or to the Servers section and open the Network volumes tab on the server page).
- Open the (⋮) menu of the volume for which the backups will be configured and select Restore a volume from backup.
- Select a Restore point and enter the New volume name in the new window.
- Click Create volume.
Please note that you can also restore a volume from backup in the Backups section on the Backups tab. To do this, open the (⋮) backup menu and select Restore a volume from backup.