Configuring External Panel
An external link for accessing the Control panel (in the format vpc.mydomain.com) can be created for any project. The login page can be customized.
This feature may be interesting for resellers who want to apply their own corporate style and logo to projects. It is also a convenient way of providing a company’s individual teams with space to work in the cloud and the ability to set resource consumption limits for them in the form of quotas.
Configuring External Link
It can be found in the Cloud Control panel in the Projects sections in the project’s card.
- On your domain registrar’s site, open domain settings for the subdomain you want to connect to the Control panel.
Create a new CNAME entry for third level domain names in the following format:
vpc.my_domain.com CNAME project_number.selvpc.ru
, where my_domain.com is the domain name and project_number.selvpc.ru is the link to the Project Control panel available on the project’s card.
Note: Only third-level domain names can be used for external links, so please do not forget to add an identifier or other name.
- Enter the NS server for entries. It may take 48 hours to update the DNS.
Go to the Settings subsection in the project’s card.
All projects have a default external link for accessing the Control panel in the format project_number.selvpc.ru (for example, 09809.selvpc.ru).
Write the registrar’s entry in the CNAME field in the format vpc.my_domain.com.
To apply styles to the project:
- Go to the Theme block of the Settings subsection in the project’s card.
- Click Edit.
- Set the fill color of the panel’s header.
- Upload the image (logo). Maximum logo size is 64 KB.
- Save your changes by clicking Save.