Managing Clusters and Databases
Creating and Configuring a Cluster
Follow these steps to create a database cluster:
- Click Create cluster in the Cloud Platform project on the Managed Databases tab.
Fill in the fields in the new form:
- Enter the database cluster name.
- Select the region.
- Select database engine version.
- Select the server configuration.
- Add replicas to the cluster if it is necessary to make it fault tolerant.
Please note that in order to create a cluster, the user needs a subnet in the project that has as many addresses as there are servers to add to the cluster.
Click Create a database cluster.
After creating a cluster, the user can create databases and users within this cluster.
Creating a Database
Follow these steps to create a database:
- Go to the database cluster page.
- Go to the Databases tab.
- Click Create database.
- Enter the database name.
Follow these steps to create a user:
- Go to the Users tab.
- Click New user.
Enter the user’s name and set a password.
Please note that you need to save your password, as it will not be stored in the Control panel.
After creating databases and users, you can provide the users with access to certain databases.
Cluster Operations History
The Operations tab displays the main actions that were performed on the cluster. This allows you to track all the operations and diagnose problems.
The operations history will display the following operations:
- Creating a cluster;
- Creating/deleting databases;
- Creating/deleting users;
- Assigning access rights/denying access;
- Scaling the cluster;
- Renaming the cluster.
Connecting Extensions to the Database
Follow these steps to connect extensions via the interface:
- Go to the Databases tab within a cluster.
- Expand the accordion with settings in the database card.
- Click Add next to Extensions.
- Select all required extensions from the list and save the settings.
Extensions are connected to each database separately.