Getting Started: Server Colocation
To order colocation:
- Click Colocation in the control panel menu.
- Click New server.
- Select a data center and fill out the Server configuration block.
Lower on the page, you will see the total cost based on the colocation period, as well as what is included in the colocation fee.
Submitting Servers for Colocation
There are three ways to deliver a server.
To deliver a server for colocation:
- Prepare your server by ensuring it’s in working order and meets our requirements (documents).
- Configure the IP address, gateway, DNS, and subnet mask on your server as instructed by Selectel staff.
- Package your server with all server mounting rails for 19” racks, power cords and brackets.
- Ship or bring your server to one of our data centers: Berzarina in Moscow, Tsvetochnaya 2 in St. Petersburg, or Dubrovka 3 in Nevskaya Dubrovka, a suburb of St. Petersburg.
- Consign your server to one of Selectel’s specialists and fill out a Delivery and Acceptance Form in duplicate.
Please note: When shipping equipment to a data center, you must have ready:
- for business accounts: the company seal or power of attorney (PDF) to sign the delivery and acceptance form, and passport;
- for personal accounts: if the client is delivering the equipment themself, their passport; if an authorized third party is delivering the equipment, power of attorney (PDF), a copy of the client’s passport, and a copy of the third party’s passport.
All service contracts are prepared by us. If colocation has been ordered for Tsvetochnaya, it will have to be signed at the time of delivery; if colocation has been ordered for Berzarina or Dubrovka, the contract will be sent by Russian post to the mailing address entered for the user’s account.
Delivery by Taxi
Servers can be delivered for free by taxi during business hours. A taxi will bring you and your equipment to our data centers in Moscow and St. Petersburg from anywhere within the respective ring roads (MKAD in Moscow and KAD in St. Petersburg). Afterwards, you will be brought back to your home or office.
To use this service, please indicate that you will require delivery when filling out your service request.
Servers delivered by taxi should be prepared the same as if they were delivered personally and include the same required documentation.
Delivery by Courier
If necessary, servers can be delivered by courier service.
Clients are not required to be present at the time of delivery; all required documentation will be sent by registered mail:
- completed and signed Delivery and Acceptance Form in duplicate;
Please note: This form may be packed in the same box as the server.
- the tracking/shipping number may be sent in a ticket to more quickly process your package.
Please note: All delivery fees are paid by the client.
Our technical support personnel will set up your server and notify you via ticket system when it is ready.
Connections to our network infrastructure are performed by our engineers according to the client’s order.
The paid period begins as soon as the server has been mounted and connected to the network.
Servers may be managed remotely. A temporary KVM over IP connection can be provided upon request via ticket system.
Upon request, connection speeds can be increased up to 10 Gbps (provided an appropriate network card is present).
We also offer cost-effective packages for clients dealing with heavy traffic.
Additional IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are also available.
If you have your own autonomous system with a dedicated block of IP addresses, we can announce them from our equipment. You can also set up BGP sessions and announce your own prefixes.
If the server supports IPMI, iLO, or similar services from other manufacturers, you can rent an additional dedicated port to receive external access to your server.
If you need to connect equipment hosted in our data centers to external resources (such as corporate networks or traffic exchange points), you can order cross-connects to telecommunication providers in our data center.
Servers rented from or hosted with us can also be connected via a local network. This includes servers in different data centers or even different cities.
Clients requiring heightened information security can rent hardware firewalls.
DDoS mitigation services are also available.
Work not covered by the contract (additional setup, software installation, troubleshooting, etc.) can be performed through our paid managed services.
For an additional fee, we can store spare parts for your equipment in our data centers. In the event of a malfunction or breakdown, we are ready to repair and replace parts ourselves (based on individual agreements).