Google Workspace Cloud-Based Applications
The Google Workspace package was created for the companies that need to optimize the process of collaborative work of employees on documents. The package includes over 10 applications, including:
- Gmail-based corporate email;
- shared calendars;
- tools for working with documents, tables, and presentations;
- tools for creating Google Forms surveys and questionnaires;
- tools for creating websites.
Users can use two-step authentication and manage their accounts using mobile devices based on Android, iOS, or Windows.
Google Workspace Cloud-Based Applications Packages
Depending on the required functions, you can choose one of the four packages.
Business Starter, Business Standard, and Business Plus plans can be purchased for a maximum of 300 users.
There is no minimum or maximum user limit for Enterprise plans.
- you can register a business email using the company’s domain name;
- each employee has access to secure cloud storage with 30 GB of memory;
- Meet (voice and video chat) is available for 100 participants;
- users get access to a package of professional business applications for working with texts, tables, and presentations.
- all features of the Business Starter package are included;
- each employee is allocated unlimited secure storage and archiving;
- Meet (voice and video chat) is available for 150 participants;
- meeting recordings can saved to Google Drive;
- in addition to all the features of the Business Starter package, Cloud Search is available for searching in all Google Workspace services;
- administrator can view reports on user actions.
- all features of the Business Starter and Business Standard packages are included;
- advanced options for using Hangouts Meet;
- Meet (voice and video chat) is available for 250 participants;
- meeting recordings can saved to Google Drive;
- enhanced account security features.
Please note that enhanced Google Drive and Gmail security with data loss prevention service is also included in this package.
- secure business mail with its own address, functions for providing electronic documents, storing, and S/MIME encryption;
- video meetings with up to 250 participants, plus recording, attendance tracking, noise cancellation, in-domain live streaming;
- as much storage as you need;
- advanced security, management, and compliance controls, including Vault, DLP, data regions and enterprise endpoint management;
- enhanced support (with a paid upgrade to Premium Support).
You need to complete a full registration in the Control panel for the legal entity to subscribe. Then follow these steps:
- Go to the Balance and payments section from the account’s main menu in the Control panel to top up your balance. See more about adding funds in our knowledge base.
- Go to the Partner Services section and open the Google Workspace tab.
- Click Order package.
- Select a package from the list.
- Specify the payment period and the number of users.
- When creating a new Google Account, you need to enter the following information in the New account tab:
- company’s domain name;
- first and last name of the employee with the Google Workspace Admin role;
- email address of the Google Workspace Admin.
- If you already have an account, enter the following information in the I already have an account tab:
- your subscription domain - the word after the «@» symbol in each email address of your account;
- transfer token - a code of numbers and letters that generates automatically in the admin console when you open the admin.google.com/TransferToken page; Please note that the transfer token is valid for two weeks after generation.
- public reseller identifier (Selectel identifier for payment) — C02hnzvmg.
- Leave a comment for an order. For example, in the comment field, let us know if you need additional services for setting up your account or ordering additional storage volume.
- Click Pay. The order amount will be debited from your balance.
By specifying the company’s domain name, you confirm the right to use it. You can also purchase a domain name in the Control panel. To do this, go to the DNS hosting section and click Add domain. See more in the Adding domains section.
After Ordering a New Subscription
Within two business days after paying for the subscription, you will receive a letter (it will be sent to the previously indicated email) with a notification about enabling a service and a link to the Google Workspace Admin console. This letter will contain the username, password, and instructions for setting up the account.
Using the console, the Google Workspace administrator can:
- set up and manage the account;
- add new Google Workspace users and assign users with administrator rights;
- create, configure, and delete user groups;
- configure user email aliases;
- change the number of required subscriptions;
- manage security settings;
- view reports on actions within the corporate domain.
After Migrating Existing Subscriptions
A Selectel specialist will send you a ticket informing that the account has been successfully migrated as soon as the migration is completed.
You can identify your reseller in the Google Workspace Admin console:
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
- Under the subscription name, look for Purchased from. Your reseller name appears there.
Billing and Payment
Google Workspace is a prepaid service for a period of 1 to 12 months. When the paid period ends, the automatic payment will be enabled. Funds will be withdrawn from the main balance on the day when the service was activated. You can disable automatic payment by clicking on the menu button of the corresponding service in the Google tab.
If necessary, you can change the number of users. To add users to the subscription, go to the Google Workspace tab in the Partner Services section and follow these steps:
- Click Users. The User Management window will open.
- Select one of your services, specify the number of users and the payment period, and click Pay in the new window.
Click «create ticket» in the User Management window to delete users. The subject and ticket description will be filled in automatically. Specify the product name and the number of users needed to be deleted.
Please note that you can delete users only using monthly-paid subscriptions.
Send a request to change the pricing plan or its characteristics via a ticket in the Control panel.
How long will it take to activate the service?
The service will be activated within 1-2 business days after the payment of the subscription.
How do I access the account of the selected office application?
After connecting, you will receive a username and password from the account management console (it will be sent to the administrator’s email) and instructions for setting up an account.
What happens to my data if I don’t make a payment on time?
If the Google Workspace subscription was not paid on time, the package’s features will be reduced to free. Previously created files will be available, but the administrator will not be able to upload new files. When the amount of free memory is exceeded, the cloud provider will disable the mail service, and all messages will be returned to the senders.
Migrating email and contacts
When migrating to Google Workspace, the organization can transfer its mail from another service using IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol).
To migrate mail of one or multiple users, go to Data migration from the Admin console Home page and select Email:
- In the Email migration window, specify the transfer source, connection protocol, email address, and password.
- After completing the settings, click Connect.
- The Migration Start Date and Migration Options parameters can be configured in accordance with the migration requirements.
To transfer mail from multiple users, specify the list of employees whose data must be migrated to a new account.
You can pause, cancel, or exit the data migration process. During the migration, the Administrator can monitor the process and view the connection settings.
If you didn’t manage to transfer your email and data, please contact Selectel specialists. As part of the provision of additional services, our employees will perform the necessary actions for setting up and administering the account.
A Google Workspace account Administrator can add or change domain names for free. After specifying the company’s domain name as the main one, all emails sent to the organization’s address will be redirected to the Google account.
To redirect emails from the previous server, you will need to update MX records (MX record is one of the types of records in DNS specifying the method of email routing) for Google Workspace. To do this, go to the domain registrar’s website and add new MX records for Google mail servers. Go to Domains from the Admin console Home page to add, delete, or change the domain status.
Delegating administrator privileges
The Google Workspace account administrator can delegate Administrator rights to any employee of the organization. To assign Administrator rights to a user:
- From the console Home page, go to Users.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- In the Admin roles and privileges section, set the required role by selecting it from the list.
Please note that the administrator can create a new role with limited sets of rights, or set access rights for a group of users. To check whether employees comply with their rights, go to Privileges.